I’ve killed too many brain cells

skinnyfaggot

Logician
a
a
Threads
in high school I used to be smart enough to the point that I never had to put effort into anything I did. in all my classes I’d look at the text book for the material we were studying for a few minutes before every test then I’d at least get an A. I’d never do any homework or study in any other way.

but since I turned into a degenerate in between then and now, all my no2 canister huffing and overdosing on otc medicine to get high has put me much closer to the middle of the bell curve I’m pretty sure. anyone else notice cognitive drops in between now and when they were a teenager? maybe it’s just a natural thing

megadrive

Theorist
Threads
Substance or alcohol abuse aside its more a case of "use it or lose it".

I found some homework I did containing handwriting and drawings from my 7 year old self that retrospectively mogged me as a tricenarian.

This is why I am trying to recapture my childlike state despite my creative brain and serotonin reserves long depleted since turning 18.

TL-DR old age and lack of serotonin is the cause, not drugs or alcohol which are a cope to recapture those creative, high energy, care-free days. It is the basis of all drug addictions.

Last edited:

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
You're frauding or you'd never be in a program where you'd have to take an ochem course.

Just more laidback chad modesty lol. High cortisol incels can't larp like this.

I see through it.

tricenarian
Lol @ knowing this word and then using it to describe yourself, at that.

That's humiliating.

megadrive

Theorist
Threads
Lol @ knowing this word and then using it to describe yourself, at that.

That's humiliating.
It's better to be vague about age when contributing to a scene that is now populated with teens and 20-something "still can make it, or "ascension" types".

What sounds better? A tricenarian with peter pan syndrome interested in retro anime. Or an immature 39 year old manchild making up for an unfulfilled weeb fetish?

The effort requried for a reader to either skim over that point, stops snap judgements or me making a valuable point a younger person might benefit from.

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
it's normal to find university to be way harder than high school. the first year of uni for science has a lot of intersection with 12th grade of high school, things only start 2nd yr.

my attention span keeps getting worse though, so glad in 7 months I'll never have to worry about shit like this

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
I feel like my cognition is higher but my attention span and overall motivation has been nuked

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
What sounds better? A tricenarian with peter pan syndrome interested in retro anime. Or an immature 39 year old manchild making up for an unfulfilled weeb fetish?
Tricenarian is the ultimate failo lol.

Just say in your 30s instead of using eugene words.

it's normal to find university to be way harder than high school. the first year of uni for science has a lot of intersection with 12th grade of high school, things only start 2nd yr.

my attention span keeps getting worse though, so glad in 7 months I'll never have to worry about shit like this
It was way easier for me since there was much less social interaction. Though in the beginning of undergrad I had to drop classes because of too much forced interaction and group projects. It took me a while to build up to the social skills necessary for that (which I just barely have now). By that point the classes weren't electives but requirements so I was forced to get used to it as well.