I convinced Shift, Swaggy, and Tsuna to get a PC with a Ryzen chip in it yet I don't even have one

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
It's kind of cucked tbh.

Not that I need one though. It's just that I really admire the engineering that went behind the mobile ryzen series. AMD for years was a joke, then out of nowhere they mogged Intel into oblivion and irrelevance. Not only that, looking at their roadmap they're only going to get better and better in the coming years (as they implement their plans to switch to the 5nm process) while Intel couldn't even hope to reach parity with AMD's current offerings for years.

I really want a PC with one of those chips but I don't need it (and I own an obscene amount of PCs btw). The reason I don't have one is because the best computers available don't come with them. For example, currently the highest RTX GPU you can get with a ryzen chip in a laptop is a 2060 while only intel is available with the 2070s and 2080s. That's because OEMs are cucks and too pussy to do anything differently. The paradigm only recently shifted and they don't have full faith in AMD as they should so most of their offerings are still Intel. Companies always want to play it safe until someone/something comes along and makes them irrelevant with something different. Just like Steve Jobs did to multiple industries.

It's not just the CPUs but the recent big navi GPUs are comparable to Nvidia's latest offerings (and better in some ways than them) as well.

Intel is embarrassing though since they're pretty much an Israeli company and their products are so out of date. When I go AMD I'm never going back, I will eventually.

What games do you play @SwaggyP1? You never really brought up your gaming laptop again after you announced that you bought it.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
For example, currently the highest RTX GPU you can get with a Ryzen chip in a laptop is a 2060 while only intel is available with the 2070s and 2080s.
I could just build a proper PC (but it would be an all AMD build, ryzen + big navi) but the parts are hopelessly sold out and will be for months. It's a bad time for hardware right now.

They say it's because with all these lockdown measures there's unprecedented demand and as a result scalpers buy up everything and resell for 3x-4x the price.

At the time I made my recommendations desktop Ryzen was inferior to mobile Ryzen but now they've reached parity that their both on the 7nm process.

I never built a PC from scratch before but it's something i want to do just for the experience (though realistically I wouldn't have to for like 7-10 years considering I have an RTX 2070 laptop).

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
It's just that I really admire the engineering that went behind the mobile ryzen series.
I don't have that same kind of respect for Apple's new M1 chip. It's the most advanced processor currently available but the new Macbook itself does nothing a cheap Chromebook can't. Both high efficiency units that are heavily optimized with long battery life.

pretty_boy

ู‚ุงุชู„
โ˜ฏ HQNP โ˜ฏ
๐ŸŒน Slayer โค
๐Ÿ’Š RedPilled ๐Ÿ’Š
Threads
I don't have that same kind of respect for Apple's new M1 chip. It's the most advanced processor currently available but the new Macbook itself does nothing a cheap Chromebook can't. Both high efficiency units that are heavily optimized with long battery life.
you can't code or edit video off a Chromebook

I could just build a proper PC (but it would be an all AMD build, ryzen + big navi) but the parts are hopelessly sold out and will be for months. It's a bad time for hardware right now.

They say it's because with all these lockdown measures there's unprecedented demand and as a result scalpers buy up everything and resell for 3x-4x the price.

At the time I made my recommendations desktop Ryzen was inferior to mobile Ryzen but now they've reached parity that their both on the 7nm process.

I never built a PC from scratch before but it's something i want to do just for the experience (though realistically I wouldn't have to for like 7-10 years considering I have an RTX 2070 laptop).
Intel got lazy from dominating the landscape for so long

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
you can't code or edit video off a Chromebook
Editing video is the most soy and useless thing to expend CPU clock cycles on.

Intel got lazy from dominating the landscape for so long
They still do. Even with AMD's superior technology they're only at 20% marketshare (the highest they've ever been but still not dominating Intel in sales, which is mainly because they don't have the contracts that Intel gets, for now).

pretty_boy

ู‚ุงุชู„
โ˜ฏ HQNP โ˜ฏ
๐ŸŒน Slayer โค
๐Ÿ’Š RedPilled ๐Ÿ’Š
Threads
Editing video is the most soy and useless thing to expend CPU clock cycles on.

They still do. Even with AMD's superior technology they're only at 20% marketshare (the highest they've ever been but still not dominating Intel in sales, which is mainly because they don't have the contracts that Intel gets, for now).
yea desktpps are rare and most dells and HP's are intel

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
yea desktpps are rare and most dells and HP's are intel
I hate western electronics brands.

I like Taiwanese ones (Acer, MSI, Asus) and Lenovo.

HPs usually have junk build quality (probably the worst OEM). Maybe it's different, i know the ones from when I was a kid were real bad.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
I think the worst brand is General Electric (for appliances). My normie dad would buy that junk, it was laways ugly, bulky, and not as efficient or reliable as Asian brands.

Same for American cars. And clothes too.

I really hate western products, and that's what Intel is (though technically Jewish).

Shift

decaf roaster
โ˜ ๏ธ BlackPilled โ˜ ๏ธ
Threads
What rig are you using? A laptop?

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads

dsar9012

alt-right troll with an anime avi
๐Ÿ’€TRUCEL
โณ Oldcel
Threads
I really want a gaming PC now, even though I don't need it. Torchlight 3 is the only PC game I want that I can't run. And a lotof steam reviews say its shit, which it might be since the developers of Torchlight 1 and 2 didn't work on it except in name. And the Torchlight developers left after Diablo 2 and founded Runic Games which made Torchlight and really, apart from the art, is more like Diablo than Diablo 3 is. So Torchlight 3 might be fun, but it won't be a true Torchlight game at all. Diablo 4 in the future too, though it might not be that great. I just want one for consooming, since I bought a 144hz monitor and nothing real uses it, as only a few xbox games can actualy reach that framerate.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
Torchlight 3 is the only PC game I want that I can't run. And a lotof steam reviews say its shit, which it might be since the developers of Torchlight 1 and 2 didn't work on it except in name.
That looks soy asf and like a PS2 game with the resolution upscaled.

My gaming laptop is only for the latest Triple A titles with ray tracing.

I just want one for consooming, since I bought a 144hz monitor and nothing real uses it, as only a few xbox games can actualy reach that framerate.
You need something top of the line to drive that. Imo I think it's a meme. Steady 60fps is all anyone needs, and even then as a console gamer I'm used to sub 30fps.

I really want a gaming PC now, even though I don't need it.
You definitely don't as a Series S owner, especially one with game pass.

skinnyfaggot

hawk of darkness
โš” Slayer โš”
Threads
how tf is that only $1300. I feel kinda cucked that I bought my laptop with a 1650 and 8 gbs of ram for comparison at $1000 last year

pretty_boy

ู‚ุงุชู„
โ˜ฏ HQNP โ˜ฏ
๐ŸŒน Slayer โค
๐Ÿ’Š RedPilled ๐Ÿ’Š
Threads
how tf is that only $1300. I feel kinda cucked that I bought my laptop with a 1650 and 8 gbs of ram for comparison at $1000 last year
tfw when u got ripped off:
skinnyfaggot

skinnyfaggot

hawk of darkness
โš” Slayer โš”
Threads
tfw when u got ripped off:
skinnyfaggot
wasnt really ripped off for the time tbh. hardware has just gotten a lot less expensive in the past year or two because of all the new releases

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
$1399 actually. I did a lot of research when I got it to make sure it was the best deal available at the time.

You definitely got ripped off on yours.

There's going to be this black friday deal starting tomorrow to get a laptop with a 1650 for only $450 and it comes with a ryzen CPU.

wasnt really ripped off for the time tbh. hardware has just gotten a lot less expensive in the past year or two because of all the new releases
Naw not really, 2070 (cards) are all sold out because the new 3000 desktop series is hopelessly sold out. And this is one of the cheapest 2070 laptops available most of them cost even more.

They're selling ripoff 1050 units at around the $1000 mark btw.

skinnyfaggot

hawk of darkness
โš” Slayer โš”
Threads
Naw not really, 2070 (cards) are all sold out because the new 3000 desktop series is hopelessly sold out. And this is one of the cheapest 2070 laptops available most of them cost even more.

They're selling ripoff 1050 units at around the $1000 mark btw.
they definitely are cheaper now. a year and a half ago when I bought mine all you could find was laptops with 1050 or 1050 tis at the 1000$ mark. anything better than that, like a 1060 or 1070 was easily another few hundred dollars, especially if it had more ram/more storage space

dsar9012

alt-right troll with an anime avi
๐Ÿ’€TRUCEL
โณ Oldcel
Threads
That looks soy asf and like a PS2 game with the resolution upscaled.

My gaming laptop is only for the latest Triple A titles with ray tracing.

You need something top of the line to drive that. Imo I think it's a meme. Steady 60fps is all anyone needs, and even then as a console gamer I'm used to sub 30fps.

You definitely don't as a Series S owner, especially one with game pass.
I like Torchlights art style though, atleast Master Cheif collection is 120fps even on series s. Should be good, original halos are soe of the best FPS.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
๐ŸŽŽ Weebcels ๐ŸŒธ
Threads
atleast Master Cheif collection is 120fps even on series s. Should be good, original halos are soe of the best FPS.
We could play the multiplayer for that if you want.