I find it's just as difficult to find a real friend as it is a gf

Mafia

looks theorist
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
I've never had a friend irl. I was acquainted with people in different circumstances but that's not friendship and it never led to anything more.

I tried twice to be friends with two different people from my college and both times I ended up just being ignored.

This most recent time I tried to get into contact again with someone I did group work with who texted me over the summer. As I thought then and fully realize now she just messaged me to get information out of me on how I was handling the covid crisis and how it was impacting our field.

I recently messaged her and she only gave me one (I'm assuming sympathy reply) and there's been nothing since. That was last Thursday morning and now the weekend is near over from a girl who has no job and I doubt is taking weekend classes and never leaves the house and just watches netflix.

To be a real friend with someone means to me that you associate them not just because you want something from them but because you like to.

Yet this has never been the case for me. And if it's this hard to make a real friend (I've been in college since 2014 and interacted with lots of people during the course of my studies and haven't been able to make a single one) then it's not worth expending the effort to and I should continue to direct my focus to getting a gf.

Just like with dating girls, you can never be friends with people if they're not significantly receptive to you and otherwise show no interest in you without you having to force every interaction.

I'm glad I have people here to talk to and consider my friends, as without that I'd just be lost in my own world like I am when I am not on this website.

Ryo Saeba

Threads
This is a very weird thing in turkey, even with people you won't see ever again you do things you would only do with close friends in a logical world. So I have a lot of memories going to vacations and weird adventures with people whose faces or names I don't remember.
So I took this as granted. It felt more of an annoyance because as long as those people were male they were meaningless for me. Though my real feelings never changed, I can see how bad it is.

Mafia

looks theorist
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
This is a very weird thing in turkey, even with people you won't see ever again you do things you would only do with close friends in a logical world. So I have a lot of memories going to vacations and weird adventures with people whose faces or names I don't remember.
I never did anything with anyone.

So I took this as granted. It felt more of an annoyance because as long as those people were male they were meaningless for me. Though my real feelings never changed, I can see how bad it is.
Yeah that is true, males are a waste of time.