japanese is such a fucking hassle

retrudedmaxilla

Shitposting mogul
Threads
cage at learning more than 300 kanji, no way am I going to learn 2k of this anytime soon before I go to Japan next year.
Much easier to speak than write, speaking is legitimately easier than almost any romanic language but writing and understanding text is unfathomably hard.

retrudedmaxilla

Shitposting mogul
Threads
I can barely read even basic Kanji ngl. Katakana and iragana is easy, why can't everything be katakana and hiragana

pretty_boy

قاتل
☯ HQNP ☯
🌹 Slayer ❤
💊 RedPilled 💊
Threads
終わりました

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
I don't even have the hiragana and katakana fully memorized (all right I have hiragana memorized but only like half the kana).

I've done no studying at all since I came back from Japan. As I told you I've had a severe depression that continues to this day.

Seeing this thread has inspired me to start studying everyday. I'm ecstatic that I'm recognized by a PSL GOAT and that I have some standing still in the community. I had thought I had hit rock bottom today.

This probably sounds completely insane but my reputation in PSL matters a great deal to me. I feel so elated.

終わりました
[blank] warimashita.

Have no clue what that kanji is.

SwaggyP1

🇨🇳 + (🇨🇴🇲🇽🇵🇪) = 💦💦💦
Threads
this is why I can't ever improve my Chinese, the writing system is holding me back

for Spanish, I can easily improve at rapid pace, since if I don't know something, I can just look it up, which just isn't possible in Chinese, since you can't look up something you don't know

Ryo Saeba

nationalist
🌴 N.E.E.T 🌴
Threads
I don't even have the hiragana and katakana fully memorized (all right I have hiragana memorized but only like half the kana).

I've done no studying at all since I came back from Japan. As I told you I've had a severe depression that continues to this day.

Seeing this thread has inspired me to start studying everyday. I'm ecstatic that I'm recognized by a PSL GOAT and that I have some standing still in the community. I had thought I had hit rock bottom today.

This probably sounds completely insane but my reputation in PSL matters a great deal to me. I feel so elated.

[blank] warimashita.

our lack of commitment for japanese makes me very sad. how many times we decided to learn it and how many years gone since

leopard

dark leopard
Threads

[blank] warimashita.

it translates to "its over" but when you put in in google translate originally it comes up with "finished"

:jag:

NoseThrill

Threads
i quit learning jp to learn french. it is more useful

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
our lack of commitment for japanese makes me very sad. how many times we decided to learn it and how many years gone since
I once bought a Japanese to English dictionary as a kid I might still have but I wasn't seriously thinking of learning at the time. I bought it used and it was cheap and was fun to go through a few times.

I would say though for me it has been nearly 2 years since I've decided to seriously learn Japanese and I've made little progress in those 2 years.

It doesn't matter about the past though because today is when I'm resuming my studies.

i quit learning jp to learn french. it is more useful
If I went by that logic (which I have many times) I'd learn Mandarin instead but I want to learn Japanese because I like the language.

retrudedmaxilla

Shitposting mogul
Threads
it translates to "its over" but when you put in in google translate originally it comes up with "finished"

:jag:
because google translate only registers the first letter which is the Kanji for finish (終).
google translate always does this.

retrudedmaxilla

Shitposting mogul
Threads
kanji is so retarded idk how anyone can fathom reading moon runes over any romanic language. even the romaji mogs.

Heihachirō

☠️ BlackPilled ☠️
Threads
Why are you going to japan?

SwaggyP1

🇨🇳 + (🇨🇴🇲🇽🇵🇪) = 💦💦💦
Threads
you need classroom structure for motivation

self learning is way too slow and demotivating

Heihachirō

☠️ BlackPilled ☠️
Threads
you need classroom structure for motivation

self learning is way too slow and demotivating
Not ime, that's how I've learnt 2 languages, speak them fluently

retrudedmaxilla

Shitposting mogul
Threads
IF things don't fuck up I should be heading to Tokyo in August of 2021.