mafia doesn't think I'm a real anime fan

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
You are a real anime fan because you've watched a lot.

Casual anime fans only watch what's popular and then they get recommendations from people they're friends with irl.

I don't respect almost all of the anime you've seen though.

Imo I'm beyond being an anime fan at this point, since there's so much of it that I hate. I'm a mecha fan.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
It's funny, as a kid/teenager I always thought mecha was lame and for babies. I equated it with Power Rangers (which is pretty much live action mecha).

Now I've got the opposite viewpoint.

Once you look past how silly the concept of giant robots is and actually watch it you see it's the most mature kind of anime with the most developed characters. I really enjoy the themes of war and politics in mecha anime as well.

I can't watch any comedic, romantic, about "fighting" (battle shounen). If people aren't dying or suffering it's going to bore me. Mecha ticks all my boxes. And most of it is old which is also a plus for me because I like hand drawn (and especially hand colored) anime a lot.

Chris555

hockey fan
🚫NO FAPPER
Threads
We all have are different tastes.

dsar9012

alt-right troll with an anime avi
💀TRUCEL
⏳ Oldcel
Threads
I watch a bit of everything. Got so many series I enjoyed one episode of and bookmarked and need to go back and finish. Got a huge backlog, haven't watched anything lately other than Vinland Saga.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
I watch a bit of everything. Got so many series I enjoyed one episode of and bookmarked and need to go back and finish. Got a huge backlog, haven't watched anything lately other than Vinland Saga.
You should make a MAL.

pretty_boy

قاتل
☯ HQNP ☯
🌹 Slayer ❤
💊 RedPilled 💊
Threads
It's funny, as a kid/teenager I always thought mecha was lame and for babies. I equated it with Power Rangers (which is pretty much live action mecha).

Now I've got the opposite viewpoint.

Once you look past how silly the concept of giant robots is and actually watch it you see it's the most mature kind of anime with the most developed characters. I really enjoy the themes of war and politics in mecha anime as well.

I can't watch any comedic, romantic, about "fighting" (battle shounen). If people aren't dying or suffering it's going to bore me. Mecha ticks all my boxes. And most of it is old which is also a plus for me because I like hand drawn (and especially hand colored) anime a lot.
yea i havent seen any mecha besides the transformers movie.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
That was the most popular thing when I was in high school but I had no interest in it. I always hated CGI even as a kid.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
🎎 Weebcels 🌸
Threads
Evangelion is mecha btw so you have. And Gunbuster is if you ever get around to that. It's only 6 episodes so worth watching. A lot of the themes of Gunbuster were copied and pasted into Evangelion. In fact, it's pretty much Evangelion if Shinji was a girl.

Saya

negger
☯ HQNP ☯
💊 RedPilled 💊
💰MoneyMaxxer
⚽ JOCKS 🏈
Threads
I watch harem romance and manly man animes from 90s

MGTOW

spammer
Threads
i fucking love the dragon ball one where they fly around and shoot energy very awesome anime