the only adult western TV show i liked

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
The Simpsons
The Office
Corner Gas (Canadian show that comes on TV a lot)

honestly can't think of anything else, oh yea i liked Mindhunters (crime drama that takes place in the 80s, one of the few good cuckflix originals)

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
I already wrote about Star Trek. Other than that I liked The X-Files (but it's too stupid for me to watch again and most of the episodes suck outside the ones related to the core aliens plot).

That's it. I really don't like adult tv shows. They're really boring for me.

The Simpsons
The very early episodes (from the 90s) are good otherwise it sucks and is pozzed (as they say on 4chan /pol/).

The Office
Tried it. Didn't like it.

honestly can't think of anything else, oh yea i liked Mindhunters (crime drama that takes place in the 80s, one of the few good cuckflix originals)
I just really don't like tv shows at all.

When I had cable I would just watch the news. I used to like the history channel too before they started showing redneck reality tv shows there.

There was this old sci-fi tv show called The Invaders I thought wasn't that bad even though a lot of the episodes were dumb.

If I give a western adult tv-show a chance I'll probably only like it if it's sci-fi. I can't watch any comedy or anything like that (which most of them are).

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
I already wrote about Star Trek. Other than that I liked The X-Files (but it's too stupid for me to watch again and most of the episodes suck outside the ones related to the core aliens plot).

That's it. I really don't like adult tv shows. They're really boring for me.

The very early episodes (from the 90s) are good otherwise it sucks and is pozzed (as they say on 4chan /pol/).

Tried it. Didn't like it.

I just really don't like tv shows at all.

When I had cable I would just watch the news. I used to like the history channel too before they started showing redneck reality tv shows there.

There was this old sci-fi tv show called The Invaders I thought wasn't that bad even though a lot of the episodes were dumb.

If I give a western adult tv-show a chance I'll probably only like it if it's sci-fi. I can't watch any comedy or anything like that (which most of them are).
what season of the office did you watch? season 1 is terrible I never watched it and I went straight to 2..but tbh I don't think you would of like either lol

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
I used to watch Family Guy and South Park when I was bored as a teenager (mostly just South Park since you could watch almost every episode on the official website for free, Family Guy was just when it was on tv sometimes).

Imo I hate crudeness like that and couldn't stand a second of those shows now.

I used to kind of like Futurama (the new episodes were trash) too. In fact as a teen I preferred Futurama much more than the Simpsons (I watched this as a kid).

Most western shows just feature crudeness like in Family Guy. You don't really get that in anime which is why I much prefer it.

And that same kind of crudeness you find with reddit posters as well and how basic people interact with each other.

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
what season of the office did you watch? season 1 is terrible I never watched it and I went straight to 2..but tbh I don't think you would of like either lol
I wouldn't like any of it lol.

I would just watch random episodes when I had netflix as a teen. I only saw a few and I don't really remember them.

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
I used to watch Family Guy and South Park when I was bored as a teenager (mostly just South Park since you could watch almost every episode on the official website for free, Family Guy was just when it was on tv sometimes).

Imo I hate crudeness like that and couldn't stand a second of those shows now.

I used to kind of like Futurama (the new episodes were trash) too. In fact as a teen I preferred Futurama much more than the Simpsons (I watched this as a kid).

Most western shows just feature crudeness like in Family Guy. You don't really get that in anime which is why I much prefer it.

And that same kind of crudeness you find with reddit posters as well and how basic people interact with each other.
yea I saw a EP of South Park that was making fun of Walmart and it was absolutely hilarious, they made great points, but the humor was just to crude and explicit (and gross)

Teflon

Theorist
a
Threads
The simpsons is an adult tv show? I didn't think it was lol. Gets boring as fuck when you are an adult.

Teflon

Theorist
a
Threads
In fact as a teen I preferred Futurama
Futurama was more interesting to watch for me since its sci fi and all the other popular cartoon shows are just regular settings and it was aired much less so newer stuff.

megadrive

Theorist
Threads
The Simpsons.
A lot of people don't realise The Simpsons peak of popularity was season 2, episode 1 "Bart Gets an F" 11th October 1990 when aired in USA. It remains the highest viewed episode in the entire run of the show. Fan popularity, objective discussion on when it stopped being funny or became "zombie Simpsons" supposedly because "the best writers left for Futurama". Even though Futurama wasn't funny or engaging imo.

The rich kids in school whose parents had a satellite dish TV set-up and my estranged British expat Uncle returning from Canada would brag about it. Saying we were losers for not watching the show. I had the t-shirt in 1992 and borrowed a VHS but didn't get to see it until November 1996 on BBC2. Not going to lie I watched a lot of TV in the 90s, funny variety gameshows, You've Been Framed! (UK version Americas funniest videos), Gladiators (UK version) Noel's House Party, Baywatch. There were also a lot of UK gross out comedies like Hale and Pace and Bottom.

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
A lot of people don't realise The Simpsons peak of popularity was season 2, episode 1 "Bart Gets an F" 11th October 1990 when aired in USA. It remains the highest viewed episode in the entire run of the show. Fan popularity, objective discussion on when it stopped being funny or became "zombie Simpsons" supposedly because "the best writers left for Futurama". Even though Futurama wasn't funny or engaging imo.

The rich kids in school whose parents had a satellite dish TV set-up and my estranged British expat Uncle returning from Canada would brag about it. Saying we were losers for not watching the show. I had the t-shirt in 1992 and borrowed a VHS but didn't get to see it until November 1996 on BBC2. Not going to lie I watched a lot of TV in the 90s, funny variety gameshows, You've Been Framed! (UK version Americas funniest videos), Gladiators (UK version) Noel's House Party, Baywatch. There were also a lot of UK gross out comedies like Hale and Pace and Bottom.
most people complain and say "only the first 9 season of the Simpsons were good etc" but that's still more than 200 episodes lmao, most shows can o lt be good for 1 or 2 seasons. and seasons 10-20 are not as bad ad ppl make it out, though I haven't seen every ep. s2-7 deff had something special to them though.

megadrive

Theorist
Threads
The simpsons is an adult tv show? I didn't think it was lol. Gets boring as fuck when you are an adult.
Actually The Simpsons reminds me of my depression as a socially isolated teen. Hanging out with my socially isolated parents, their weird friends while buddied up with their weird son binge watching it. We had Simpsons UK mania in 1996-2003 when it premiered on said BBC terrestrial/public access TV, that's when the merchandising went crazy with posters, cards, toys, balloons and even fizzy drinks.

I finally downloaded the Simpsons movie (2007) last year which was awful.

That said the Simpsons did inspire other more based shows and was considered risqué due to sub-plots about puberty, teen sex or adults getting it on with bawdy characters and salacious jokes. Also cartoon violence.

Beavis and Butthead, South Park would follow suit- but I must be the only person who hated Family Guy let alone its watered down spin-offs.

Last edited:

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
Actually The Simpsons reminds me of my depression as a socially isolated teen hanging out with my socially isolated parents, their weird friends buddied up with their weird son binge watching it. We had Simpsons UK mania in 1996-2003 when it premiered on said BBC terrestrial/public access TV, that's when the merchandising went crazy with posters, cards, toys, balloons and even fizzy drinks.

I finally downloaded the Simpsons movie (2007) last year which was awful.

That said the Simpsons did inspire other more based shows and was considered risqué due to sub-plots about puberty, teen sex or adults getting it on with bawdy characters and salacious jokes. Also cartoon violence.

Beavis and Butthead, South Park would follow suit- but I must be the only person who hated Family Guy let alone its watered down spin-offs.
I like the humor in family guy a lot as well as the social commentary, but it can be too crude/gross

megadrive

Theorist
Threads
most people complain and say "only the first 9 season of the Simpsons were good etc" but that's still more than 200 episodes lmao, most shows can o lt be good for 1 or 2 seasons. and seasons 10-20 are not as bad ad ppl make it out, though I haven't seen every ep. s2-7 deff had something special to them though.
Season 9 was the start of the decline imo, it had that "real Seymour Skinner" episode that was so bad they had that self-knowing "gag contract" caveat at the end of it.

The episode was self referenced and spoofed in a compilation "the simpsons behind the laughter" a spoof of "behind the music" (season 11). Where even they said "a new low by the writers to retain fans".

pretty_boy

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Sorcerer
a
Threads
Season 9 was the start of the decline imo, it had that "real Seymour Skinner" episode that was so bad they had that self-knowing "gag contract" caveat at the end of it.

The episode was self referenced and spoofed in a compilation "the simpsons behind the laughter" a spoof of "behind the music" (season 11). Where even they said "a new low by the writers to retain fans".
yea that was laughably bad

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
Even though Futurama wasn't funny or engaging imo.
I thought it was all right, I never really cringed at it like the Simpsons.

I hate all that and Family Guy because it's the most explicit.

Futurama contained very little of that kind of content. I wouldn't watch it now either but out of all the adult cartoons I'd say it was the best.

I like the sci-fi references that it has as well.

dsar9012

Theorist
Threads
Tons of good shows, Sopranos is probably the best tbh, don't really watch much TV anymore but I used to really like it, it's not as good anymore though, could never get into Jap or Korean TV, except anime, so I don't think any non western shows are good.
@Mafia you watch Nerdrotic on youtube? He talks about Star Trek and other TV nerd shows a lot, I don't care about any of the shows but I like the podcasts while gaming for something to listen too?

Mafia

Administrator
Staff member
a
Threads
Tons of good shows, Sopranos is probably the best tbh
I like the "Ay Tone" memes but I have no interest in the show.

it's not as good anymore though, could never get into Jap or Korean TV, except anime, so I don't think any non western shows are good.
There are too many pretty people in the Asian dramas that would upset me.

Other than that they seem really dumb and over-acted (such as the anime adaptations).

I'm just not interested in something like that. Maybe if I was seriously learning Japanese it would be good. I think they speak more normal/slower than in anime. Never saw one though so I don't really know.

They seem really silly too. I'd probably give the Kakegurui adaptation a try first if I ever bothered with one.

@Mafia you watch Nerdrotic on youtube? He talks about Star Trek and other TV nerd shows a lot, I don't care about any of the shows but I like the podcasts while gaming for something to listen too?
I never watch youtuber content. I only go there for clips of what already existed outside of youtube (like anime clips and songs).

I don't like podcasts either.