To clarify, I'm not saying looks don't matter

M

Mogger

no

but i'm assuming they created some shitty limited environment to "analyze", with participants being aware of the experiment (which changes the rules of the game entirely and makes their findings irrelevant, game theory 101)
What about the ones were they were not made aware?

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads
There's a body of social science on male infidelity for example

yeah.

I mean everything that's being discussed on these site has a basis in reality, but it's skewed to fit the perspective of a male. which then opens the door for unhinged crying and bitching (muh men are champions of rationality and self-control, yet 99% of males instantly turn into pathetic wannabe-alphas the second a woman shows up)

ask me to think about the reasons for breakups I've observed from people around me, and it's mostly about guys cheating

there aren't nearly as many "brutal cuckings with gigachads" as your average forum dweller would like to believe

it's mostly because of social conditioning and women compromising, yeah, but still

M

Mogger

only skimmed through your posts, i didnt find or open direct links, tbh
Think about what you're asking for as well while I look for them: if they were observed in the field they wouldn't have been able to perform psychometric evaluations on them beforehand or get them to arrive for dating

Since, I provided evidence and you moved the goal post, ask yourself this? What evidence would be convincing enough for me to change my position?

If you can't generate an answer that means you're delusional

M

Mogger

yeah.

I mean everything that's being discussed on these site has a basis in reality, but it's skewed to fit the perspective of a male. which then opens the door for unhinged crying and bitching (muh men are champions of rationality and self-control, yet 99% of males instantly turn into pathetic wannabe-alphas the second a woman shows up)

ask me to think about the reasons for breakups I've observed from people around me, and it's mostly about guys cheating

there aren't nearly as many "brutal cuckings with gigachads" as your average forum dweller would like to believe

it's mostly because of social conditioning and women compromising, yeah, but still
Some of these studies in here are done using brain scans, as are these:

M

Mogger

Is literally scanning a person's brain the final goalpost or will you extend it further?

Do we need to be able to read their thoughts to truly know?

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads
Think about what you're asking for as well while I look for them: if they were observed in the field they wouldn't have been able to perform psychometric evaluations on them beforehand or get them to arrive for dating

Since, I provided evidence and you moved the goal post, ask yourself this? What evidence would be convincing enough for me to change my position?

If you can't generate an answer that means you're delusional
they wouldn't even need them, they'd have actual data about how people really function. people are notoriously bad at reading themselves and others, even when we're talking about more concise categories. even in an ideal environment i described, there are still multiple layers of social conditioning and limits to sexual behavior that aren't strictly related to personal preferences

any science that relies on self-reporting and participants describing their experiences belongs to trashy magazines, not scientific journals

it's like when guys start interviewing girls about their preferences and then report them here. just wrong for obvious reasons.

still, as I admitted, i didnt go through this discussion in details (just glanced at your and lt's posts)

M

Mogger

they wouldn't even need them, they'd have actual data about how people really function. people are notoriously bad at reading themselves and others, even when we're talking about more concise categories. even in an ideal environment i described, there are still multiple layers of social conditioning and limits to sexual behavior that aren't strictly related to personal preferences

any science that relies on self-reporting and participants describing their experiences belongs to trashy magazines, not scientific journals

it's like when guys start interviewing girls about their preferences and then report them here. just wrong for obvious reasons.

still, as I admitted, i didnt go through this discussion in details (just glanced at your and lt's posts)
ok well you should reread

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads

I agree with all of this, don't even need studies for confirmation

I'm not on the same page as op here, btw

just annoyed by science and research being polluted by "do you have 5 minutes to complete a survey, it's for my dissertation" charlatanism

asking people about their preferences (specially when it comes to such a personal issue) and analyzing that data is just redundant

Legit Theory

Feminist Lib-Jock
a
a
Philisopher King
Retired
a
Threads
I actually agree with most of those studies there as well, I just don't think they are good evidence to develop a blackpill ideological worldview.

Hence man on moon and yawn responses. Common knowledge to anyone with a brain

M

Mogger

I agree with all of this, don't even need studies for confirmation

I'm not on the same page as op here, btw

just annoyed by science and research being polluted by "do you have 5 minutes to complete a survey, it's for my dissertation" charlatanism

asking people about their preferences (specially when it comes to such a personal issue) and analyzing that data is just redundant
This is pretty all encompassing

And the surverys were only used to determine the participants personalities

Not on the actual data acquired

M

Mogger

I actually agree with most of those studies there as well, I just don't think they are good evidence to develop a blackpill ideological worldview.

Hence man on moon and yawn responses. Common knowledge to anyone with a brain
What would be enough to inform an ideological blackpill worldview

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads
This is pretty all encompassing

And the surverys were only used to determine the participants personalities

Not on the actual data acquired
any science on this issue that doesn't end its interest at genetic markers + concrete decision-making in a real life environment (and is satisfied with "personality" and similar barely intelligible criteria) is garbage, that's all

M

Mogger

any science on this issue that doesn't end its interest at genetic markers + concrete decision-making in a real life environment (and is satisfied with "personality" and similar barely intelligible criteria) is garbage, that's all
It literally analyzes the decisions made by people IRL

I have to ask again, did you read the study?

Legit Theory

Feminist Lib-Jock
a
a
Philisopher King
Retired
a
Threads
@Mogger I think you are naive if these facts/studies cause a revelation in you

It's the basis in reality inferred to an hyperbole like gigachads cucking at every corner like janitor said, which is often taken to the extremities and passed off as normal, that is incorrect in my eyes

I suppose due to the fuzzy nature of this kind of "science" the only thing you can rely on is your anecdotal IRL experience. Be it negative or positive.

So maybe you're right in saying its emotional to some degree, but I don't think its a matter of one side railing against reality v another not. Of course there are bluepilled naive types who would deny all of those, so I can see the other side of that needing to go to extremes to get them to wake up.

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads
It literally analyzes the decisions made by people IRL

I have to ask again, did you read the study?
no, I have 20+ tabs opened, man

this is just what I do in arguments, I start nitpicking and harrassing the side I'm basically agreeing with

M

Mogger

@Mogger I think you are naive if these facts/studies cause a revelation in you

It's the basis in reality inferred to an hyperbole like gigachads cucking at every corner like janitor said, which is often taken to the extremities and passed off as normal, that is incorrect in my eyes

I suppose due to the fuzzy nature of this kind of "science" the only thing you can rely on is your anecdotal IRL experience. Be it negative or positive.

So maybe you're right in saying its emotional to some degree, but I don't think its a matter of one side railing against reality v another not. Of course there are bluepilled naive types who would deny all of those, so I can see the other side of that needing to go to extremes to get them to wake up.

I agree

The strawman version of my position that you created awhile ago is incorrect but that's because you created it as a strawman. No one thinks that gigachad is cucking at every corner, they are being hyperbolic when they say that because this is an internet forum filled with autistic people

And I hate to break it you, but it really is one side railing against reality here, youre just wrong bro, im sorry

M

Mogger

no, I have 20+ tabs opened, man

this is just what I do in arguments, I start nitpicking and harrassing the side I'm basically agreeing with
The initial testing was used to gather personality traits, and the survery was done TO COMPARE against the actual raw data which was collected

the survey did not match up with the raw data in this particular instance

Legit Theory

Feminist Lib-Jock
a
a
Philisopher King
Retired
a
Threads
@
I agree

The strawman version of my position that you created awhile ago is incorrect but that's because you created it as a strawman. No one thinks that gigachad is cucking at every corner, they are being hyperbolic when they say that because this is an internet forum filled with autistic people

And I hate to break it you, but it really is one side railing against reality here, youre just wrong bro, im sorry
:what:
I agree with most of those studies, I'm not railing against them, I'm railing against what they are being used to justify. It's the inference not the facts themselves

Just low T disconnected overstimulated westerners who care less about human interaction, not women wanting 10/10s and not taking anything else.

You cant blame your looks for a lack of a GF/social life in 90% of cases.. Your "looksmatch"(cringe) is not living it up dating 30 Chads and leaving you to be lonely

janitor

just a regular black guy
Philosopher
a
Threads
The initial testing was used to gather personality traits, and the survery was done TO COMPARE against the actual raw data which was collected

the survey did not match up with the raw data in this particular instance
we are just not sentient

our perceived reality = that minimal knowledge we gathered so far (also subject to some heavy question marks) + sets of tales we keep telling ourselves in absence of a better alternative

with 1 increasing, and 2 decreasing over time

but when it comes to people's beliefs regarding sexual selection, vast majority of us are cognitively on the level of young earth creationist loonies